Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jadakiss Speaks "Jay-Z, Hip Hop, and Album"


Jadakiss is speaking out and giving his opinions on Jay-Z leaving Dej Jam, his thoughts on the state of hip hop and talks about his upcoming Roc-A-Fella debut. Jada didn't hold back when asked about the state of hip hop these days, saying "N*gga's is garbage," he said. "The game is f*cked up ... a bunch of ring tone, tight-pants-wearing motherf*ckrs. I'm just doin' me. The music is f*cking garbage, man. Kanye came out with hot music. He sold records. T.I., same thing. Alicia Keys, same sh*t. If your sh*t was hot and you had a machine, you sold records." Kiss went on to say that he signed up with Roc-A-Fella for "A change of pace," as he said in an interview with The Come Up DVD. "The people like change. The fans like change. Not too dramatic but y'know, they like to see new sh*t and hear new sh*t and see new sh*t. It aint no different though. Different machine maybe but we've yet to see."

He says he has 7-8 songs done but still needs to get production from big producers, saying "I still gotta holla at Kanye, Just Blaze, maybe Pharell, hopefully Dr. Dre, Toomp ... whoever got the f*cking heat man, Timbaland, Storch," he said. "I don't discriminate. If it's hot, let's have it."

He then went on to talk about the title of his album. "Nas is dropping N*gger, why I can't drop Kiss My Ass," he asked? "I think I might keep my sh*t. Kiss My Ass coming soon."

When asked about artists that aren't selling that much, he said "Don't blame nobody, just make better music, *ssholes," Jada said. "It's a business at the end of the day, so you can be mad at who ever but you gotta be mad at yourself. Either the music wasn't right or you didn't handle your business. It's as simple as that."

Jada went on to talk about Jay-Z and leaving Def Jam, saying "He tried his hand for a few years, he raped the budget, he got however much they was paying him and he stepped down," Jada said. "He got his masters, he doin' his thing. 40/40's in Vegas and all that, hotels, he good."

Source:

No comments: